Bible Reading Plans & Fasting
There are many good Bible Reading Plans that are easily accessible to you. Below you will find several Bible Reading Plan options along with a brief description and a corresponding link. Just click on the link and you will be able to download or print the plan.
- 5 Day Bible Reading Program - Read through the Bible in a year with readings five days a week.
- 52 Week Bible Reading Plan - Read through the Bible in a year with each day of the week dedicated to a different genre: epistles, the law, history, Psalms, poetry, prophecy, and Gospels.
- 5x5x5 New Testament Bible Reading Plan - Read through the New Testament in a year, reading Monday to Friday. Weekends are set aside for reflection and other reading. Especially beneficial if you’re new to a daily discipline of Bible reading.
- Chronological Bible Reading Plan - Read through the Bible in the order the events occurred chronologically.
- The Discipleship Journal Bible Reading Plan - Four daily readings beginning in Genesis, Psalms, Matthew and Acts.
- ESV Daily Bible Reading Plan - Four daily readings taken from four lists: Psalms and wisdom literature, Pentateuch and history of Israel, Chronicles and prophets, and Gospels and epistles.
- Every Word in the Bible - Read through the Bible one chapter at a time. Readings alternate between the Old and New Testaments.
- Historical Bible Reading Plan - The Old Testament readings are similar to Israel’s Hebrew Bible, and the New Testament readings are an attempt to follow the order in which the books were authored.
- Robert Murray M’Cheyne Bible Reading Plan - Read the New Testament and Psalms twice and the Old Testament once.
- Straight Through the Bible Reading Plan - Read straight through the Bible from Genesis to Revelation.
- TableTalk Bible Reading Plan - Two readings each day, one from the Old Testament and one from the New Testament.
- The Legacy Reading Plan - This plan does not have set readings for each day. Instead, it has set books for each month and a set number of Proverbs and Psalms for each week. It aims to give you more flexibility while grounding you in specific books of the Bible.
- Two Year Bible Reading Plan - Read the Old and New Testaments once and Psalms and Proverbs four times.
For an excellent source of information on fasting, please visit this link. It provides biblical direction regarding this important spiritual practice and discipline. It will also provide practical advice in helping you succeed in this task.