Bible Reading Plans & Fasting
There are many good Bible Reading Plans that are easily accessible to you. Below you will find several One-Year Bible Reading Plan options along with a brief description and a corresponding link. Just click on the link and you will be able to download or print the plan.
- Chronological - Read the events of the Bible as they occurred chronologically. For example, the Book of Job is integrated with Genesis because Job lived before Abraham.
- Historical - Read the books of the Bible as they occurred in the Hebrew and Greek traditions (the order in which they were written). For example, the Old Testament books in the Hebrew Bible do not occur in the same order as they do in our English Bible. The New Testament books are arranged according to their date of writing as well.
- Old & New Testament Together - Read the Old Testament and New Testament together. Your knowledge of the Old Testament will be enhanced by what you read simultaneously in the New Testament.
- Beginning to End - With this plan there are no surprises. You simply read through the Bible from start to finish, from Genesis to Revelation.
- M'Cheyne Bible Reading Plan - This plan will give you variety, reading chapters daily from the Old Testament, New Testament, Psalms and/or Gospels.
For an excellent source of information on fasting, please visit this link. It provides biblical direction regarding this important spiritual practice and discipline. It will also provide practical advice in helping you succeed in this task.